"You see, my old man's got a problem,
Lives with the bottle, that's the way it is
He says his body's too old for workin',
I say his body's too young to look like his
You got a fast car,
Is it fast enough so we can fly away?
We gotta make a decision,
Leave tonight or live an' die this way."
Is it fast enough so we can fly away?
We gotta make a decision,
Leave tonight or live an' die this way."
All I can seem to think about today is my father. My father, my hero, my advisor, the business owner, the millionaire, the most successful person I know. Everything my father has ever strived for in his life he has achieved. But, you see, my father has a problem. He, despite all of his accomplishments, is human and for the last few years has let his love for the bottle spiral completely out of control. After many bouts of confrontation, denial on his part, begging, AA meetings, relapses, and one hospital stay from alcohol induced pancreatitis, he has agreed to enter a detox center and rehab.
He has exaggerated, lied, and bluffed so many times, I don't know if he will really go or even stay. Only tomorrow and time will tell.
I have hope. I can't loose hope, he is my father. I am a piece of him.
He has to beat this disease that is plaguing him, or it is going to put him into his grave. its just so hard to sit back and watch.
0 comments:
Post a Comment